- This event has passed.
CTAA Webinar – Partnering with TNCs to Serve Older Adults
Thanks To Our Community of “Re-Thinkers”
Thank you to all our esteemed speakers and guests for taking time off their busy schedules to join us for our first #Transportation Innovations Symposium on January 30th at NJHA Conference and Event Center in Princeton. Your commitment and passion to make a difference in the quality of life of the people you serve is commendable.
1. Transportation is the glue that holds our communities together. Without it, we cannot deal with issues like healthy aging, employment, or taking care of our youth.
2. The older adult population of 65 and over is increasing at the rate of 10,000 per day.
3. Federal and state funding for transportation of older adults, riders with special needs, and lower income clients is shrinking rapidly.
4. The transportation industry is changing with the arrival of Transportation Network Companies (TNC) like Lyft and Uber.
5. Technology is the ‘equalizer,’ and there is a growing need for collaboration across different sectors. It can provide new solutions and change the transportation landscape.
As a sequel to the symposium, the Community Transportation Association of America (CTAA) will host their next monthly webinar to showcase a real-world example of partnering with a Transportation Networking Company, specifically to serve older adults.
Executives Krishna Murthy and Avnish Gupta of EZ Ride will share their experience in three steps:
- rationale (Why),
- nuts and bolts operational details (How),
- and performance of the arrangement so far (What).