Proposed Transit Options to American Dream
American Dream’s long-awaited opening is now set for October 25, 2019. The newly constructed facility is expected to attract 40 million visitors a year. While many visitors are expected to drive to the facility, others may want to explore public transit options. NJ TRANSIT is hosting two public hearings on October 3 from 5 to 7 pm at the Journal Square Transportation Center in Jersey City and on October 7 from 5 to 7 pm at One Bergen County Plaza in Hackensack for feedback on the following bus plans.
New bus routes starting October 25:
- Bus No. 355, which will operate daily express service from the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Manhattan to American Dream every 30 minutes.
- Bus No. 356, which will operate daily express service every 30 minutes from Secaucus Junction to American Dream.
Expansion of existing bus routes:
- Bus No. 772 has expanded weekend services to operate from Paramus every 30 minutes until 10:30 pm and weekday evening service to operate until 10:20 pm to accommodate those interested in employment at American Dream. This began on August 31.
- Bus No. 119 has expanded Sunday service operating between Bayonne, Jersey City and NYC every hour throughout the day and every two hours during late-night/early-morning hours. This began September 1.
- Bus No. 85, which operates from Hoboken and Union City to Secaucus, began making stops at American Dream on August 31.
- Bus No. 703, which operates from Paterson and Passaic to East Rutherford, began making stops at American Dream on August 31.
All buses will stop at the Meadowlands Racetrack until the new transportation center under construction is completed.
For more information about these services, please contact:
(201) 939-4242 ext. 139