March is Brain Safety Month, and EZ Ride has a new campaign to stress the importance of wearing a helmet. While riding a bike or scooter is fun, it can be dangerous. According to the CDC, “In 2014, 2.9 million brain injury-related ER visits and deaths occurred in the U.S, including over 800,000 children. A brain injury is caused by a blow to the head or a head injury that disrupts normal brain function.” Please pledge to wear a helmet.
You can compete to win individual prizes for:
- Most days wearing a helmet (bike, scooter, ski, etc.)
- Most miles wearing a helmet (bike, scooter, ski, etc.)
- Best Photo – submit a picture wearing a helmet while you’re active
- Best Video – submit a short video (60 seconds max) about brain safety, and why helmets are needed and you wear one. Upload on Social Media and tag us on Facebook at #EZRide or @EZRide_IG or our website.
- Best Essay – the theme is “Why I Wear My Helmet When I ….Bike, Skateboard, Ski, Play Sports, Scooter, etc.” (minimum words = 100 )
You must complete the pledge below and upload your photo wearing a helmet by March 26th.
Make the pledge and keep your brain safe by wearing a helmet.