Join a growing number of volunteers who drive our cars and help others
Our network of EZ Ride volunteers provided more than 3,000 rides during 2011. Their selfless contributions enabled older adults and people with reduced mobility to work, shop, keep appointments, visit family and enjoy a wide range of important activities.
By volunteering, you help make transportation affordable so people who are less fortunate can do the things we take for granted. You provide the driving, EZ Ride provides the cars, gas and insurance.
A strong feeling of reward
Our volunteers report a sense of reward that comes with helping others.
“They are typically so appreciative when I feel I have done so little.” -- Bob Martinelli
“EZ Ride is a priceless service to the community.” -- Marge G.
For the safety of riders and drivers alike, volunteers must:
- Be at least 21 years old. Volunteers over 65 are asked to provide a physician’s note verifying fitness to drive
- Have a current New Jersey driver’s license
- Have a safe driving record for at least three years and no criminal record
- Be reliable, punctual and have good interpersonal skills
- Agree to an interview, background check and provide at least two references
What are your commitments?
- You may choose to volunteer for a morning, afternoon or all-day shift.
- There is flexibility with no long-term commitment.
- You are expected to attend orientation and training programs.
Make a difference
Let’s face it, you’ve been lucky in life. Yet all around us are neighbors who would love to have opportunities that we take for granted. Like getting to work, visiting a doctor and going shopping.
Many senior citizens and people with reduced mobility are not able to drive or access public transportation.
How to get started now
If you’d like to become an EZ Ride volunteer driver, complete and submit an application form or call our Volunteer Coordinators:
Bergen and Hudson County
Jodian Brown: 201-939-4242
Wendy Arias: 732-380-1299
Essex and Union County
Ellie Ferrer: 973-961-6941
Sjockier Jackson: 201-621-2577