We’re going your way
EZ Ride will take you where you want to go. Unlike many senior transportation programs that maintain a fixed route or fixed schedule, EZ Ride is more than just easy. It’s flexible, too.
Here’s how it works
- Register for a transportation account for $15 per year and become a member.
- Once you’ve joined, schedule your ride 24 hours in advance by calling our office at 201-939-4242, ext. 2. Your fare is deducted from your account and you receive a monthly statement.There is no exchange of cash with the drivers. To see our Fares, click here.
- Your EZ Ride marked car is fully insured and is driven by an EZ Ride volunteer from the community.
- Rides are provided Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Seniors and care-givers can sign up
Care-givers may register on behalf of the person they care for. Care-givers ride for free if their pick-up and drop-off locations are the same as the rider’s.
- You must be on time for your ride. Your ride may arrive five minutes before or after your appointed time. Drivers are not permitted to wait past your appointed pickup time because they may have other passengers waiting.
- Car rides are not exclusive and may include another rider or riders.
- Riders should be able to meet the driver at the car. Small assistive devices, such as a walker, can be accommodated.
- Medical appointments should be made early enough for return trips to be completed by 4 p.m.
- To qualify for a Shared-Rider discount, both passengers must share the same pickup and drop off location.
- Additional stops are considered an extra trip and must be scheduled in advance.
- Cancelations unrelated to weather must be made 24 hours prior to the scheduled ride or a $2 fee is charged.